Sunday, April 17, 2011

Of Jobs and Churches....

As it turns out, that "management opening" that I sent my resume to on a whim has become my new job; and I am not the assistant director, I am the director of the school. Life has changed quite dramatically for me in the job department. I gave my two weeks notice to All About Kids, finished up there and immediately began training to be a director. I have spent the last two weeks training under the current director but as of tomorrow I will be flying solo. So far, the job is quite intense and exhausting, but it's nice to be busy for a change. My hours are still yet to be determined. I'm supposed to close on Mondays and Tuesdays (9:30-6:30) and come in early Wednesday-Friday (7:30-4:30/5:00), but we'll see. I've worked a few 12+ hour days in the last two weeks and I'm hoping that doesn't become a trend. Adam has been super supportive, as has the rest of the family, as I re-learn how to balance my personal life and family with work obligations.

I believe this job is a God-send, as I never really prayed for it or wanted it that badly. I'm not sure what He's doing with me, but I feel as if I'm in training for something bigger. :)

Speaking of God....Adam and I have finally found a church we feel confident about joining. It's Celebration Church in Mason which happens to be in the old Oak Harbor church building that he grew up in. For months his mom has been raving about it and so we finally bit the bullet and decided to go one Sunday. It was fantastic! We both left feeling like it was too good to be true. It's a smaller church that's completely on fire for God that reaches out to those on the outskirts with plenty of opportunities to get involved. It's perfect! We weren't comfortable at the bigger churches, or the churches with all the rich, fancy people. We tried getting involved other places, but our hearts weren't in it by any means. So, after only 4 weeks being in attendance, we have had dinner with the pastor and his wife, attended Thursday night church and a volunteer banquet and signed ourselves up to host and facilitate a Lifegroup. Kinda crazy, but we're jumping in with both feet. We're excited about what God is doing, not only in the church, but in our hearts as well!

*In other news, the bathroom is currently on hold as I had to purchase a new wardrobe and laptop for my new job. We are still planning on doing it but we have to restock the emergency fund and pay our taxes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment