Thursday, May 26, 2011

Rany Spring Update

Not too much has changed on the Vogel front since the last entry, but in keeping with updating this thing on a semi-regular basis, I'll go ahead and post anyway.

The bathroom project has been rescheduled for a yet to be determined date. We're just a little bit too busy right now and the weather is starting to heat up. I really wanted to have a new bathroom put together for my family when they come out, but life will go on without it.

Since Adam and I have quite a few visitors planned for the summer months, we've decided to bite the bullet this year and purchase a new air conditioner. We're going to look at one this weekend and hopefully we'll get Neil to help with the install.

We're still attending Celebration Church in Mason and recently made some big decisions about the church. In early May, Adam made the decision to re-dedicate his life to Christ and was baptized again on Sunday morning. Following his baptism, I chose to join him in becoming members at Celebration. We're continuing to host and facilitate a Life Group on Thursdays nights and we were recently asked to volunteer on the Welcome Team at church. I also volunteered to help out in the nursery if the need arises. We love the church and, more importantly, love what God is doing with us there.

I am still attempting to balance both work, church and Adam. My spare time isn't so spare anymore. My days are far too long and I have to make a conscious effort to leave work on time or I'll get carried away working. Adam has found himself alone in the evenings too often as I sit in front of the computer trying to whittle away my "to do" list. Our healthy lifestyle has been severely compromised by exhaustion and fatigue. It's easier go pick up Subway or order a pizza than it is to make a homemade meal. Plus, Adam's never sure when I'm going to be home at night. I ask for prayers as I continue to learn what balance means and prioritize things in the correct order.

Hear are a few of the other highlights since the last update:
  • We attended Denise and CR's wedding in Columbus. Although we didn't know a lot of people we still had a great time!
  • The basement flooded this evening and Adam and I attempted a clean up effort. We're now waiting out the rest of the rain for fear of a re-flooding episode.
  • Adam's brother, Rob, is in town for Memorial Day. We're enjoying spending time with him.
  • We've been watching the show Kings on hulu and reading 1 Samuel to help us understand the modern re-telling of the life of King David.
That's about all of our updates this time around. I hope to update again soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment